Friday, January 30, 2009

A looooooooong week.

This has been a really really long week.  I expect things to go a little awry when Nick is gone (this time on an "Army sponsored camping trip") but it never ceases to amaze me at how long the days are.  Not being able to sleep really compounds matters as well.  You'd think after years of many separations, both long and short that I'd learn how to sleep alone, but nope, that is not the case.  The short separations are not long enough to adust.  I suppose I do adjust a bit on the long ones, but usually am finally getting used to it when it is time for Nick to come home. 
 
This week was just full of lots of crap to be frank.  I have dealt with a major disagreement with our current pediatrician, hours on tech support trying to get my dial tone to come back, trips to the insurance service center to switch doctors and the frustration in knowing that we can be denied our request to switch, more canceled and rescheduled appointments, doctors appointments for mysterious skin rash, and severe allergies to my cat.  

I am so glad the week is over.  I think I've averaged about 6 hours max of sleep each night this week.  Part of it is my fault, when I am home alone and playing the single parent role with no break, I tend to stay up later just so I can have some time to relax and have some quiet time to refresh.  Part of it is that I just can't sleep, and being edgy because I am home alone, so I sleep very lightly with extra ears out for any sound that shouldn't be there.  I usually do okay on little sleep, but when it is mixed with stress, it seems to wear on me more.

My honey will be home tonight, he can have a hot shower, sleep in a real bed, and I can sleep peacefully for the first time all week.  I wish I could say that we had something fun and relaxing planned for this weekend, but just being together as a family is perfect enough for me.  Being an Army wife, I have truly learned to appreciate the little things.

No comments:

 
Trace