While waiting in the van for what felt like forever on Friday night, waiting for Nick to get released, Sophia started the downward curve into feeling all out crummy. By the time we got home, poor girly didn't eat any dinner and went to her room to curl up on the floor and fall asleep. I knew then that it was coming.
See, every time one of my kids gets sick, I get this feeling in the pit of my stomach, dread, despair, whatever, that whatever has sparked the illness is going to set off a chain reaction in my other children. What would normally be a couple, three day virus in a home with one or two children turns into a week long germ fest in our house. Sometimes we are lucky enough and escape with only one child getting ill, and every time one comes down with something, I start praying that it will be contained to that child.
This time was not the case. Sophia ran the fever Friday and Saturday. Hannah's turn was Sunday and Monday. Juliette and Evy started it up Monday and now we are onto Tuesday. So 5 days of sickness so far.
Evy is miserable. Apparently, she does not at all care to not be able to breathe through her nose. So at sleeping time, she spends most of the time waking up and yelling and crying because she is so very unhappy. So of course, I have not been getting solid sleep either. When Evy is unhappy, ain't nobody happy. She turns into this demanding little crab, shouting out her commands from the command post of the couch. We must bring her milk, water, blankets, stuffed animals, and when she wants something, she wants it now!!
Evelynn doesn't feel warm this morning, but she truly sounds awful. That nasty stopped up head cold sound that is warping her adorable little toddler voice. But Jules, she appears to have gotten the worst of it all. Ever since getting RSV as an infant, when Juliette gets a cold, it automatically migrates straight for her chest. She's coughing up a lung, wheezing, sniffling, running fevers and feeling all out miserable. She looks pretty pathetic too.
So I am spending my time tending to little sickies, conjuring up my mommy germ-shield, because if mom gets sick, there is no one to take care of everyone else. I have been coughed on, sneezed on, snotted on, and had lots of germ-filled snuggles and hugs and kisses (on the cheek) so I am praying my force-field holds up and doesn't have any holes in it.
Although truthfully, I'd much rather take away all the sickness from my kiddos and take it on myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment