His true given name (ha ha) is Thingamabob. When we got him as a kitten, we just couldn't think of a name to give him. We tried all sorts of other names out, but nothing seemed to fit nicely. Back then, our creative juices just weren't flowing, and no one could agree on a "cool" name for our new pet. He was a flea-ridden little thing, and once we got that all taken care of, he was full of vim and vigor. Nick and I gave the task of naming him to the girls. They said, "Let's just call him Thingamabob!" and so he was named. We usually shorten it to Bobby, or Bob, Mr. Kitty, or sometimes I affectionately call this fat cat Big Boy.
Bob is a long-suffering cat. The girls are always trying to dress him up in various playsilks or costume pieces, pretend he is any number of other animal species, try to keep him in their rooms, or make him stay in the "home" they have created for him. He endures lots of toddler kisses and pats, doesn't get too feisty when Evy plays with his tail, and has even dealt with a curious toddler finger poking at his nether regions. He does occasionally scratch, but not too often.
He loves to come up and visit me on my bed in the morning, and he adores laying in my lap at any given time when he is deciding to be social and affectionate and suck on my shirt and knead his paws like he is a tiny kitten nursing. It is the cutest thing, but I have to admit the claws suck.
Every single night, he lays on Hannah's bed while she is reading before lights out time. I always know he will be there when I tuck her in and turn out her light, and then I have to uproot him from his warm cozy spot. See, Hannah is afraid he will poop in her room in the middle of the night (for the record, this has never happened). Every morning, the second she opens her door, I hear him race up the stairs to get in her room. He just loves her room. On the night she has a "sleepover" in her sisters room, he will sleep on her bed all night long (with the door open of course).
The girls panicked when finding out we were moving. "Are we taking Bobby?" Of course we are taking Bobby. He is part of the family, so of course he will come with us. Now, I can't honestly say I am looking forward to traveling with a pet, as we've never done so before, but hey, it will definitely be an adventure!
Recently, Sophia asked me, "How will Bobby go to the bathroom when we are traveling?" Good question, and not one I have any clue how to answer!
No comments:
Post a Comment